Monday 14 July 2008

To D.D.

Quotations responded to replaced by suitable, concise summaries in brackets. Original post at link provided, accessible by Britpoly members and cronies.


http://uk.groups.yahoo.com/group/Britpoly/message/13899

[Insult]

When I meet someone new who happens to have different views from myself I find it’s unhelpful to throw offensive terms at them.

[Sarcasm blindness]

I’ve asked questions, but I think you’re overlooking a lot.

[Gestapo]

I really don’t know what makes you think that you can tell me how to write my posts but it’s no concern of mine. If you’re counting I have only used the expression you’re worried about once but I shall use it as often as I choose.

[Fluff]

Well, you know, I do stand in the daylight, and I love it, but I expect that there’s not a lot of it getting inside Nick’s box. I’m very fond of the night-time too, as it happens, but as it’s tricky to use a keyboard at night I paid no thought as to whether I was privileging the daylight.

I don’t mind at all that Nick throwing insults in my direction while it stops him doing so at young women like Tygerstryke, then I’m happy to take the knocks, but it does seem like there is a pattern developing here. If sarcasm makes a man a troll, then I clearly have company under my bridge.

A.D. - I take your earlier points but I do not think that I am at blame here.

No comments: