Monday 14 July 2008

To N.F.

Quotations responded to replaced by suitable, concise summaries in brackets. Original post at link provided, accessible by Britpoly members and cronies.

http://uk.groups.yahoo.com/group/Britpoly/message/13919

[Sulk]

Not at all. I can think of several, eminently more appropriate places.

[David Icke]

Compared to the last present time?

[Philosophical abuse]

They want to read Kant?

[Glass houses]

People with all kinds of religion, including religio romana evidently, preach nonsense.

[Non sequitur]

Jesus was immersed in a culture in which the dominant religion was a monotheism, actually.

[Lost temper]

I have the first 3, I do not need the last 2. Those things which I want are nothing to do with the vain goals which you mention here which, I infer, are your own. Also, I’m not entirely sure you know what is meant by categorical imperative.

[Bollocks]

Bollocks. You’ve been off on a self-aggrandising Doctor Who fantasy in most of your replies.

[Daft question]

Yes, because existence is quotidian. Every morning I walk to the window and open the curtains and, lo, there is existence.

[Foot stamping]

I display amusement when presented with pretentious gobbledegook. How do you like these responses?

[Faux sagacity]

I think you’ve met none of the first and precious few of the second, if your proud manner is anything to go by.

[Faux sagacity]

Watch out for that first step.

No comments: